Norman F. Laskay - Of Counsel
Areas of Expertise:
- Commercial Marine Appraisal
- Hull Damage and Repair
- Cargo Loading, Securing and Trip in Tow Preparation
- Maine Maritime Academy Graduate
B.S. in Marine Transportation
- Continuing education credits in Law, Appraisal, Marine Survey, and Diesel Repair.
- NAMS Regional Board of Directors Member 1989-1994
- American Society of Appraisers – Chapter Treasurer 1991-1994
- American Society of Appraisers – Chapter President 1994-1995
- Mark Twain Club (Charter Member)
- Machinery and Technical Specialties International Committee 1995-2007
- The Journal of the International Machinery & Technical Specialties Committee of the American Society of Appraisers “TUGBOAT DESIGN 101” Vol 13 No. 2 Fall 1996
- The Journal of the International Machinery & Technical Specialties Committee of the American Society of Appraisers “KEEPING AN EYE ON YOUR MARINE ASSET” Vol 13 No. 3 Winter 1996
- Marine Money, The Ship Finance Publication of Record “ASSET BASED APPRAISAL:, Vol. 21, No. 3, May/June 2006 Wrote the chapter on Marine Asset Appraisal for the American Society of Appraisers text book: “VALUING MACHINERY AND EQUIPMENT: THE FUNDAMENTALS OF APPRAISING MACHINERY AND TECHNICAL ASSETS” Second Edition. In 2008, revised the chapter for the future Third Edition and wrote an accompanying Work Book section.
Mr. Laskay joined Stickney, Dufour & Associates, Inc. in 1988 as a partner. He is now of Counsel. He became a Marine Surveyor in 1974, having gained prior experience in steamship agency, bulk cargo handling and vessel operations. He has been involved in many aspects of marine surveying including hull, machinery and cargo, both inland and ocean. Since becoming an Accredited Senior Appraiser of commercial marine equipment, he has been active with the American Society of Appraisers’ International Machinery and Technical Specialties Committee. He has written a comprehensive exam for the Commercial Marine Appraisal specialty and has written a 30-hour course for the American Society of Appraisers on appraising commercial marine vessels and yachts and is the lead instructor.